About Me

As a mom, I get really annoyed by moms.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

no, No, and NO!

I've recently met some new moms in a big move my family just completed. I haven't written in a while because, frankly, moms can be the best, and I just didn't have a lot of mom-induced irritations to vent about.

AND THEN I SAW IT.

An adorable little girl. Featured in an adorable photo on her mother's meticulously updated blog. On the toilet.

ON THE TOILET!

I thought my contemporaries, people in their early 30's, were relatively tech savvy. We may not be 15-year-old wonder kids, but I was sure we weren't like the slightly older Gen-X variety, like, say Anthony Weiner, who have iPhones, but don't quite grasp the fact that Twitter is omnipresent.

MOMS: The internet is everywhere. It does not go away. Your kid is going to hate you for putting a picture of him or her on their toilet in the privacy of his or her baby book. We as a society are not prepared for the tween-age hysteria that will erupt when Jaydyn or Kaylen or whatever made-up name your kid has, when they realize they are on the fucking internet, on the fucking toilet.


No comments:

Post a Comment